Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Call me Charlie...

Since Charlie Sheen has been so popular in the news recently with all his crazy tirads and all jacked up on something, one of my coworkers has used that to poke some fun at my expense.  In going back, since i work nights and some times have a hard time switching back and forth between day and night schedule, i've been prescribed provigil.  Yes, it works great in the fact it helps me switch over from night to day shift.  No, i don't take it everyday.  It doesn't give me a "high," only helps keep me awake and somewhat functional.  When my coworker found out that it's a cns stimulant that affects the same chemical receptor as cocaine, the fun began.  According to him, i jacked up on that stuff like Charlie Sheen is.  He even looked it up saying monkeys preferred it over cocaine.  I will admit i did take it yesterday morning so i can switch over and drive up to VA after working.  I managed to work my usual 12 hour shift and then drive from florida all the way up to north carolina.  All in all almost 800 miles of the 1000 mile trip.  Instead of actually making my crazy and wacked out and totally strung out, i was just like all the rest of the normal people on day shift...awake.  The one bad thing about provigil for me is the crash later on.  I wouldn't say its a crash from the drug itself, more of a crash from being awake for something like 24 hours.  Like normal i totally crashed from a few hours on the last part of the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment