Monday, November 29, 2010

Work

So Saturday night i had to work.  Being a weekend and not having to work on sunday night i opted for my usual getting dropped off at work and riding my bike home.  It actually worked out great because my wife went to see the venice christmas parade, which is one of the events of the season.  Only to be outdone next weekend by the boat parade!  Yeah, a boat parade.  Apparently, all the local boat owners decorate their boat and travel down the intercoastal waterway in a parade line.  I have yet to see it, and i'm sure i won't get the chance considering that next week i work.  One thing i love working weekends in the beautiful state of florida is that i can ride my bike home in the morning even after thanksgiving.  The temp wasn't too bad 14 Celsius, cool enough to wear warmers on my arms.  However, the head wind definietly slowed me down.  My average time was very slow 17.5 mph and it took a little longer than normal 1:11.  My best time to date is  under an hour with and avg time of like 20.2 mph.  I did however swing by the lot hoping something had been done, but there hadn't been.  Not that big of surprise considering it's been a holiday.

Something of note that totally cracks me up was my patient last night.  Listed on the allergy area, was an allergy to succinylcholine with the reaction that she stops breathing.  Sometimes i wonder where people come up these things.  For all the non-nursing/medical people out there,  succinylcholine is a paralytic drug that stops a person breathing used for intubating patients because as soon as you give it, the respiratory muscles are paralyized and you can't breathe.  Funny!  Almost as funny as the nurse that didn't give a patient milk of magnesia because they are lactose intolerent (there is no milk in milk of magnesia).

The even better news that we found out on sunday is that we should be getting a new refrigerator on monday...sometime...  We have to wait and see what time the deliverly truck is going to be hear.  Looking forward to this coming week when all my hard work is going to be reflected in the paycheck i will recieve.  My checking account will look awesome for about 10 minutes before bills are paid.  Definitely looking forward to the day when all our debt is paid in full.

No comments:

Post a Comment